With the help and empowerment of the Spirit, the University Church of Christ seeks to grow in the likeness of Christ and to love and serve others in his name, while praising God and proclaiming the good news of Jesus to the Murray State University community, the local community, and the rest of the world.
“We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.” (2 Corinthians 5:20)
- GROWING: Growing spiritually and becoming transformed into his likeness. “…Being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory….” (2 Corinthians 3:18)
- LOVING: Loving others as Jesus has loved us. “…As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” (John 13:34)
- SERVING: Serving others as Jesus served. “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve….” (Mark 10:45)
- PRAISING: Praising God in all we do. “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise – the fruit of lips that confess his name.” (Hebrews 13:15)
- PROCLAIMING: Proclaiming the good news as Jesus did. “…Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God….” (Luke 8:1)